[K12OSN] K12LTSP Server RAM question

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Wed Mar 24 03:37:44 UTC 2004

Huck wrote:
> I'd only be able to connect about 30 clients total simultaneously...and
> this would be at the lower end of
> performance I would think?
>
> Verifiable? Suggestions?

Unfortunately here -- using Macs as "chubby clients"  (why not coin a
new phrase, eh?) hasn't really been tested a whole lot.  I imagine it
would be similar to the usage from true thin clients, but since there
are no NFS mounts, etc so it might be a little less.

You might consider a few methods to reduce server load, like iceWM
(especially without nautilus, it cuts down significantly)  That would
allow you get a few more clients per server.

Wish I could give you better info. :(

-SHawn

--
Shawn Powers