[K12OSN] Mac Client Limitations (long email)

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Wed Mar 24 15:00:44 UTC 2004

"A technical support and discussion community for users of the K12OS
Linux distribution." <k12osn at redhat.com> writes:
>That would be
>great -- and since I have 2 labs booting MacOS from a linux server

I'm working on re-working my current Mac OS X imaging situation (Maine has
iBooks for every 7th and 8th grader in the state).
http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/RID

Anyway, I'm very intrigued as to how you are netbooting Macs from a Linux
server....can you send me a how-to or point me to one and help me get one
set up?  Doing so may allow me to "invent" a pure open source way to "mass
image" laptops using a linux server.  :-)  That'd be cool.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us