[K12OSN] boot from local ntfs HD

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Mar 24 19:25:55 UTC 2004

I use a program called BootIt NG from www.terabyteunlimited.com to do my
multiple boot systems.  For the cost of $40 it makes an excellent boot
manager and a real cool partitioning tool.  Very awesome.  But if you
want to save the $40 I would think you could just partition the drive
into one large drive for your NT install, then a very small drive to
house the image from your etherboot floppy.  My guess would be you could
then copy all the files from the etherboot floppy into the small
partition, and then load Windows NT on the larger partition.  If NT
doesn't detect it on install and automatically add it to the boot.ini,
just open the boot.ini in notepad and add another line for the small
partition.

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000
Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\LTSP="LTSP Thin Client" /fastdetect

Not sure if this would work, but I don't see why it wouldn't.