[K12OSN] boot from local ntfs HD

Andy Rabagliati andyr at wizzy.com
Thu Mar 25 10:47:09 UTC 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Robert Arkiletian wrote:

> My lab has Windows NT installed on the clients. I want a dual boot setup.
> Instead of using a floppy with rom-o-matic, I want to boot off the local hard
> drives by modifying boot.ini and put the rom-o-matic file on the hard drive.
> I have not done this and would like some help.  I have heard it's possible
> but I don't know if it will work on ntfs. Has anyone done this??

I have a solution posted at

	ttp://www.wizzy.org.za/article/articlestatic/14/1/2/

I use Toms Root/Boot to boot to linux to run lilo.

I do not think, however, that  Toms Root/Boot has NTFS support.

I think that knoppix might, and if it does, my solution would
work - as lilo uses absolute disk blocks.

Cheers,   Andy!