[K12OSN] G3's up and running!

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Mar 25 16:24:31 UTC 2004

Eric, do I have to install esd on the server first or is it already
there?  I am running 3.1.2 on the test box.  Also the default lts.conf
was set to
SOUND_DAEMON      = nasd
Without the quotes.  Does 3.1.2 need the quotes once I change the line
to = esd ?
Also, my local YDL on the macs does already have sound, but should I run
some sort of test to be sure it is running esd?

I already tried to add the new line in the inittab and changed the
lts.conf line on the server.  Didn't work yet, hence the prior
questions.  I did however manage to kill sound for my PC terminals.  I
changed back to nasd on the lts.conf and my PC terminal sound came back.
My current test PC terminals I am checking are the Term150's.

Thanks