[K12OSN] K12LTSP, ClamAV & Evolution

Michael Elliott melliott at rpmhealthstop.org
Thu Mar 25 16:37:12 UTC 2004

Hello everybody!

I have spent the past couple of days trying to get ClamAV and Amavis-ng
scanning email from Ximian Evolution.    I have went to testvirus.org
and sent sample email messages to an account of the K12LTSP.
Unfortunately, they are getting through.  Also I can save the
attachment, then when I run clamscan it picks up that the file is the
eicar test.

Our K12LTSP box is connected to our LAN with a direct connection to our
router.  I am using K12LTSP Client with Evolution with the POP3/IMAP
settings from our ISP.

Can you tell me first if what I am trying to do with ClamAV and
Amavis-ng is possible?  If not, are there any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike