[K12OSN] newbie 4.01 client sync issues

Art Grimm Art_Grimm at gbsd.gresham.k12.or.us
Thu Mar 25 18:46:44 UTC 2004

I was able to install k12ltsp 4.01. Tested it with a workstation booted off a floppy. Worked great, impressed the boss. I then moved the server to a test lab. I wanted to try it out with more than one workstation. Went through the boot process but
right after the cl login (prior to the server's gui load) the monitor would not sync. Back in my test environment it worked fine.

Figured out that different monitors were the culprit. Apple monitor in the test environment and a Komodo in the lab. Went to the kodomo site and found the hor. and vert. sync values. I reinstalled a clean system with the monitor values. This worked!

Went to boot the client (with the komodo monitor) goes through the boot process but loses the sync right before the gui load. Unplug the komodo and plug in just about any other monitor and it sync just fine.

Any suggestions

thanks,
Art

Art Grimm