[K12OSN] What is best way to install software on RH AS3

Chris Kacoroski ckacoroski at nsd.org
Thu Mar 25 19:29:58 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am using Redhat AS3 because of oracle certifies their database on it
and the cost for schools is not much.  My issue is that their package
manager only displays a few of the total packages available and
displays them as sets.  I need to have access to all the packages and
not have to install a set that contains many packages I do not want.
So far the only way I can do this is either (1) search their cd's by
hand to find the packages I want and install them or (2) install a set
and then delete the packages I do not want.  Any ideas on other options
are most appreciated.

cheers,

ski

--
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
   connected to the entire universe"		John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, ckacoroski at nsd.org, 425-489-6263