[K12OSN] boot from local ntfs HD

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 20:20:15 UTC 2004

Hi Andy,

I have dual booted stand-alone NT and linux clients, both from the standard
nt boot loader.

I posted how I did this to the list about a year ago.  No floppies or second
boot loaders...

I'll search around for how I did this.   I dumped NT from the nt loader last
September for all of the 30 boxes in the lab.  Kind of strange to use the nt
boot loader with a time delay of 0 to boot Linux!!

I'll get around to dumping the ntfs partitions and use a free dos boot with
the executable rom...  Sometime...

Jim

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months
FREE*