[K12OSN] Client RAM question

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Thu Mar 25 23:51:38 UTC 2004

No, it shouldn't.  None of the apps are actually running on the client
at all; they're all running on the server and merely are displayed on
the client.  The only "large" app running on the client is the X11
server itself, and that fits nicely into 32MB.  Most of my clients have
32MB DRAM, and they run just as fast as if they have 48MB or 64MB.
Matter of fact, I've actually pulled DRAM out of a client so that it'll
boot faster (less DRAM to go through during POST).

One thing that definitely will affect speed is whether or not your
client's network connection is running at 100Mbps, full duplex.  I'd
check that out.

--TP