[K12OSN] Useful tool...Linux saves the day!

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Mar 26 00:30:41 UTC 2004

Seconded.  I've been using this tool for several years now, and yes, it
can be a lifesaver if you've got to deal with Windows NT-based boxes
(yes, that includes 2K and XPensive).  I showed this to our MCSE server
dudez (they were using ERD Commander to do the same thing), and they
immediately said, "Please, can we have a copy?"  :-)  That was the
beginning of a very slow conversion process that now sees one of those
MCSE's running Red Hat 9 on his laptop.  :-)

Basically, NTPasswd works on anything with a Windows NT-style registry.
That means any NT 4.0 domain controllers as well, and yes, I did have to
put that to the test on a PDC that I had inherited.

--TP