[K12OSN] OT - Linux router - I'm stuck <-long

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Fri Mar 26 17:35:20 UTC 2004

Tim,
What interface is used makes no difference.  Whether the interface used
has the correct subnet, and whether the correct routes are configured is
what matters.  You already verified that ip forwarding is on.

I found it too difficult to decipher what the connectivity and routing
configuration were from the original information.

Take another shot at describing your situation:
Please state the system names and provide the output of 'route -n' for
each of the systems involved.
It would also help if you document connectivity, for example "system1
eth0 connects to system2 eth1", etc.
The output of 'iptables -vnL -t filter' and 'iptable -vnL -t nat' for
each system would be helpful to make sure there is no filtering or
natting causing the problem.
Then restate what pinging fails using the system names and interfaces
you have just documented.
Hopefully we can help you with the above information.

Chris

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021