[K12OSN] Gaming Applications on LTSP

Caleb Wagnon cwagnon at redbugmail.k12.ar.us
Fri Mar 26 18:41:35 UTC 2004

Brian Chase said:
> I know this is a big demand on the system, and not sure it can even be
> done, but will a robust server architecture and some hefty thin clients
> with 128M RAM and some decent video chipsets be able to handle something
> like Quake in an LTSP network?

Not likely...but if I were going to try it I would not worry as much about
local client ram. Have 64mb should be fine. I would focus on beafing up a
motherload server and going gig all the way to the terminals. Network
connectivity would be the major bottleneck for framerate.

--
Caleb Wagnon MCP A+ CCNA
Technology Coordinator