[K12OSN] Re: [LeapList]LTSP tutorials

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Sat Mar 27 23:09:32 UTC 2004

We'll be doing around 30 to 40 terminals for the lab.  We'll probably be
purchasing a server from monetary donations from here:

http://www.symbio-technologies.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=190

I'm thinking RAID-5 SCSI, with 15k RPM drives, and 8 Gig RAM to start
out.  Comments on this as a starting point for system resources???

What do you think?  I like the sounds of this because they support LTSP
and have proven LTSP compatibility, on top of their management suite that
sounds like it simplifies alot of the tweaking required for LTSP.

The non-profit I'm helping out won't be able to afford IT staff to
support, so I'm looking to minimize my time donated on an ongoing basis,
which makes the management suite an added bonus.

Interested in all opinions on this box for an LTSP server.

Regards,

BC