[K12OSN] rdesktop and k12ltsp4

Chris Hobbs chobbs at silvervalley.k12.ca.us
Tue Mar 30 17:36:22 UTC 2004

Chris Hobbs wrote:

> I'm attempting to make use of the rdesktop feature in LTSP 4.0 (I love
> the idea of giving users the capability of swithcing between Linux and
> Win2K3 server!).
>
> Long story short, it doesn't work. When using the following basic
> lts.conf, the Linux side works fine, rdesktop never shows up on the
> second console.

Thanks to help from JAM in irc, I was able to determine the culprit. We
are using a Via mobo with Trident video chip. Apparently the LTSP 3.0.13
kernel is not happy with that chip.

Rolling back to the 3.0.12 kernel package got everything working spiffy.

Thanks for the assist Jim!

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator
postmaster:               chobbs at silvervalley.k12.ca.us
pgp:  http://www.silvervalley.k12.ca.us/~chobbs/key.asc