[K12OSN] Remote Administration

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue Mar 30 22:32:12 UTC 2004

Are you having the vncserver launched through xinetd?  Doing so should give you
the same login screen as the clients get.  I've set it up this way several times
over the years, but haven't done so lately.  A couple of things to note though:
one, you'll get a brand-new desktop session, you can't look at the one on the
console as you would with a Windows server running vncserver; two, performance
over a WAN link will probably suck, but it's can be better than driving in at
2am.  I myself some notes about it a while back; I'll see if I can find them.

Petre