[K12OSN] Remote Administration

Brian Chase networkr0 at cfl.rr.com
Tue Mar 30 23:17:18 UTC 2004

In that case, check this link out to confirm your VNC settings on the
server side.

	http://www.sourcecodecorner.com/articles/vnc/linux.asp

On the client side (either/or):

	http://eudyptula.freezope.org/ms/Cygwin-SSH-VNC-HowTo.html
	http://www.benjamin.weiss.name/putty-tunnel.html

Or, in my humble opinion, you should be able to do everything with Webmin
(http://www.webmin.com) and SSH that needs to be done locally.  Webmin
works over SSL encryted web pages, so between that and SSH, you're secure
and can do darn near anything you might need to do.  The command "ssh -X
<LTSPserverhost> should take care of individual gui processes you need as
described in this link:

https://listman.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2004-February/msg00206.html

I've used the above method and had decent performance on individual
applications like Gnucash remotely, as well as several GUI configuration
tools for setting up printers, etc.

That should give you some choices to get the job done, whatever you
choose to do.

Cheers,

BC