[K12OSN] Developers only: FC2 test 2 + k12ltsp ISOs

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Mar 31 02:35:45 UTC 2004

I'm down to just one massive show-stopper bug ;-)

There are still a huge number of slightly-less-than-show-stopping
bugs... but I think it is close enough to at least hope it is
pre-alpha quality!

It slices, it dices, and for a limited-time-only, it also may have
a "feature" or two that will whip your data into a creamy froth!

In other words, please immediately stop reading this email,
hit the delete key, and pretend you never saw this.

For those of you who ignored my advice and are still reading....
here's a set of FC2t2/K12LTSP ISOs that have at least a 20% chance
of not completely destroying your life and/or computer:

   ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/distributions/ISO/fedora/

This is FC2t2 + most of the Rawhide updates that were released
this morning.

The big trick is to make sure you either DISABLE SELinux, or
at least put it in WARN mode. You'll see this at the bottom
of the Firewall section of the installer. If SELinux is in
enforce mode, DHCP probably won't startup. (I'll file a bug as
soon as I have the time to make sure that this is not my own
fault....). Appending "enforcing=0" to the boot parameters may
also do the trick.

Other than that, it's been know to work at least once ;-)

Yum & apt need to be reconfigured. A couple packages don't work
(I can't remember which off the top of my head). Various other
things are either broken or work in such odd ways that they might
as well be broken. In other words, it performs pretty much as
you'd expect for pre-beta software. I'm using it on two of the
three systems I use all-day-long and am happy with the results
so far.

-Eric