[K12OSN] No flames: Why use M$ offerings?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon May 3 12:45:45 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 00:54, Yancey B. Jones wrote:

> And by golly, my
> intelectually lazy mind just can't wrap itself around the idea that my
> decision to use Outlook constitutes anything more than me exercising my
> right to choose.

Somewhere much earlier in the conversation I got the impression
that using Outlook wasn't a choice you made on the virtures
of its feature set but was a requirement to interoperate with
another device, one with software from the same vendor that
is intentionally designed not to work with anything else.  And
of course if you have to run Outlook you most likely also have
to run the operating system by the same vendor on your PC.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com