[K12OSN] anyone using an Adaptec SATA 1210SA adapter

Joe Guenther jguenther at chinooksedge.ab.ca
Tue May 4 22:31:19 UTC 2004

Is anyone using an Adaptec SATA 1210SA HD controller?

My new server arrived today with a SATA RAID 1 with 2x120Gb SATA drives.  It
will NOT install!!! :-(  When booting from the Fedora Core CD, it comes up
with Lost Interrupt when finding the hd's  ... it seems to find the hardware
on IRQ11, the normal IDE on IRQ14&15 as normal ... but then will go no
further. It will not even go as far as to give me the opportunity to insert
a driver disk with LINUX DD at boot.

So at this point I yanked the wonderful new SATA stuff and inserted a normal
IDE ... but this needs to work.

Any other experiences with this adapter?

Joe Guenther