[K12OSN] Pattern Matching MAC address in lts.conf

Lewis Holcroft lewis at pcc.com
Wed May 5 16:43:04 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am happy to report that I was able to glean so much information from
the archives that I was able to set up a great demo for a client and
they bought into the project big time. Five sites no more windows, well
almost. So I am quite happy and now overwhelmed.

My question is about lts.conf. In my testing environment I only had a
few pieces of equipment. LTSP 150 and a toshiba laptop. I now need to
expand the test group. The default is fine, but several of the machines
are toshiba laptops. Rather than change the default I have added a
match using MAC adddresses. I notived that all of the toshiba products
have the same MAC prefix. I was wondering if there is a way of matching
the first three hex numbers to apply viio driver settings? Something
like this

# Match Toshiba products
[00:00:39:*:*:*]
XSERVER = vesa

Thanks in advance

Lewis Holcroft
---------
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better.... So I installed
Linux.