[K12OSN] Unable to boot from CD to install K12 LSTP 4.0.1

Luke Maslany l.maslany at jmc.ac.uk
Wed May 5 16:47:30 UTC 2004

I discovered K12 LSTP only a few days ago and I have been eager to
install it and I have downloaded the K12 LSTP 4.0.1 iso's.  I have
verified all of the md5 hashes.

Unfortunately, I cannot get the system (a PII 266, 128Mb RAM, 40Gb HDD)
to boot from the CD.  I know the system is capable of CD booting as I
have installed other distributions of linux on the machine.

Are the CD's (in particular CD1) bootable?  If so, is there anyone else
that has encountered problems?

I am new to the world of linux, so if there is information that would be
pertinent but I have failed to include, please let me know.

Many thanks for any help you can offer.

Luke

Luke Maslany

l.maslany at jmc.ac.uk