[K12OSN] Pentium 166 mHz Machines as Clients?

bullet at sc.rr.com bullet at sc.rr.com
Fri May 7 17:09:26 UTC 2004

Hi:

I just rolled in a handtruck load of IBM 300GL machines that were slated
for disposal and was wondering how well suited they might be for use as
clients? They are currently set up with P-166 processors, 64 MB of PC-66 (I
think) RAM and Old Skool Soundblaster 16-bit sound cards. Got to go look to
see if the network cards are 10BASE-T or 100, but most stuff around here
seems to be the latter, so I am hopeful.

 I figure there is a good probability that I can successfuly overclock
these machines at the max 200 mHz the MB will support, or I can buy the
processors at near-scrap value, whatever.

Will these things do OK as clients?, What do y'all think? Ive got nine of
them, and the price was certainly right.

TIA
-Tom
Orangeburg, Sunny SC

http://mail2web.com/ .