[K12OSN] XFree fatal error 104

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sun May 9 21:49:25 UTC 2004

Had another idea after that original post.  Check out your /etc/inittab
file, and look for the line with tty6 in it.  It should look like this:

  6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6

Comment that line out.  Then, do one of two things:

A.)  reboot, or
B.)  change to runlevel 1, then back to runlevel 5

and let us know how things go.  A device node should indeed be made for
/dev/tty7-9, but we can do the above as a troubleshooting step.

--TP