[K12OSN] quirky behaviour

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed May 12 12:08:09 UTC 2004

Sounds like the XDM server isn't running.  What's happening is that the
X11 server in /opt/ltsp/i386 (the one the thin client loads and runs) is
indeed starting, but when it goes to do the xdm query, nothing's
responding.  Do a "ps ax | grep gdm" and see if anything shows up.  If
not, then you might be running kdm, so do "ps ax | grep kdm", and see if
anything shows up.  Failing that, try the same thing for the original
one, which goes by the totally original name of...xdm.  :-)

Let us know your results.

--TP