[K12OSN] Server Spec Testing

daniel.hunt at iibbank.ie daniel.hunt at iibbank.ie
Wed May 12 13:16:55 UTC 2004

Hey - I've got a basic server setup now for a while. But I've only got 2
client machines to test it with, and one of them has an NForce2 chipset so
it's useless :) (i haven't gotten the updated initrd img yet)

Is there anyway of making the server think that there are, say 40 machines
connected to it via the standarad ltsp login?

I'm thinking kinda along the lines of Screen in *nix, but I want to know if
the server can handle more than 5 machines .. then 10, and so on... you get
me?

Daniel

This email and any attached files are confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately
by telephone at ++353 1 6035800 or email emailadmin at iibbank.ie
and then delete this email.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.The sender therefore
of this message, and shall have no liability for any loss or damage
suffered by the user, which arise as a result of email transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard copy version.