[K12OSN] Help to convince school

daniel.hunt at iibbank.ie daniel.hunt at iibbank.ie
Wed May 12 14:30:32 UTC 2004

>> Henry, That's a mighty beast of a server for only 8
>> clients?! I was thinking that that kind of spec would
>> suit a 50 client network! :s
>
>Well, the eight clients is a small lab and is really just a start.  The
plan
>is to move from that to having a few computers in each classroom so more
>like 30.  We'd also be looking at replacing the teacher/staff computer
>network with an LTSP system and this machine would help us in that
>transition.  You're right, however, using that machine for just eight
>clients might be overkill.

might be?? _MIGHT_ be? :)

True though, I haven't gotten to test this system in a large environment but
common sense tells me that that baby could turn a rocket on a penny and
still have enough room left to run KDE OOo and Mozilla for all 8 clients ;)

This email and any attached files are confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately
by telephone at ++353 1 6035800 or email emailadmin at iibbank.ie
and then delete this email.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.The sender therefore
of this message, and shall have no liability for any loss or damage
suffered by the user, which arise as a result of email transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard copy version.