[K12OSN] Mozilla slow resolving

jam at mcquil.com jam at mcquil.com
Thu May 13 14:12:06 UTC 2004

Caleb,

Sounds like your nameserver isn't configured properly.

What do you have in /etc/resolv.conf ?

Whatever address you have there, does it look correct ?

Some people will setup their nameserver in resolv.conf to point to their
ISP nameserver.

I prefer to setup my own caching nameserver using named, part of the
bind package.  Then, I set my resolv.conf entry to point to 127.0.0.1.

If you are using your own nameserver, is named running ?

If you are using your ISP name server, is the address correct ?

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org