[K12OSN] LTSP w/2.6.6 kernel-NFS Daemon Failure

Charles Hale support at 499pc.net
Fri May 14 01:56:19 UTC 2004

Erich:

Thanks for responding. I get the same response whether
I run NFS from a terminal session or it's booting up.

I can use either of the following commands

...]service nfs restart

or

...]/etc/init.d/nfs restart

and I get the results below.

Starting NFS services     [OK]
Starting NFS quotas       [OK]
Starting NFS daemon       [Failure]
Starting NFS mountd       [OK]

I do not believe that this is a K12 problem. It's
really a kernel problem. I woundered if someone
on the forum who has upgraded there kernel to 2.6.5 or
2.6.6 may have experienced the same problem. K12 on
the 2.4.20 kernel was very stable. I've already posed
the earlier question to a kernel forum.

Thanks again,
Chuck

--- Erich Vinson <erich at erichv.com> wrote:
> I still have yet to play with the 2.6.6 kernel.
But,
> see my annotated
>
> >Attempting to upgrade my 2.4.20 kernel to
2.6.6.

> As a rule of thumb, I personally never upgrade my
> kernels unless I
> *really* need to.
>
> >Downloaded the new kernel installed and
compiled
> it.
> >
> Get any errors, warnings, or info messages during
> compile?
>
> >However, on boot, the NFS daemon fails to
start.