[K12OSN] Compaq Deskpro 4000 Wiki Page

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Fri May 14 17:21:25 UTC 2004

I'm planning on using about 12 Compaq Deskpro 4000 machines as clients
for an install that I'm doing in a small local Christian school. I tried
these machines a few years ago, but they didn't have etherboot files for
them so I ended up install spare NE2000 NICs this time around I see that
the tlan:netflex3 chips have files.

Anyway, I created a wiki page upon which I plan to document my findings
on making these things work since I've notice some others have tried and
success has been mixed. Any one that has them working is welcome to head
over to
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/index.php/Technical%3AClinets%3ACompaqDeskpro and put in your 2 cents or more. I'm of the opinion that they would make great terminals.

Thanks,
Josiah