[K12OSN] OT: mozilla and Compaq Remote Insight Lights-Out board

luis.montes at cox.net luis.montes at cox.net
Fri May 14 02:02:53 UTC 2004

What type of errors are you getting in the java console?
Are there any classnotfound execptions?

According to their rather old documentation this should work on IE or netscape.
Netscape didn't use the MS 1.1.4 jvm.

You may want to try this on konqueror with different JVMs, and possibly also play around with browser identification if the page loading the applet is trying to do something clever with javascript like determining whether to use standard applet tags versus the java plugin.

BTW, I know its totally unsupported right now, and kind of off-topic, but I got the oracle financial apps to run on linux using konqueror the sun 1.4 jvm, and switching the browser identification to MAC.
Last piece of the puzzle worked out, i'm almost 100% linux now :)

Luis