[K12OSN] lilo config? MBR hosery? boot issues...

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Fri May 14 23:10:29 UTC 2004

Les Mikesell wrote:

> If everything else is correct, running
> grub-install
> as root should do it all for you.  If you try it the hard way
> you have to figure out the bsd-style partition name conventions.

I did /sbin/grub-install /dev/hda
and I got an "install finished" message, which seemed to indicate that
all was well, but a subsequent reboot produced simliar results as
perviously, only, instead of a screen with only "LI" in the corner, it
have "L  80  80  80  80  80  80  80"
adding another 80 every 20 seconds or so.  I grew tired of the
proliferating 80s and flopped in the floppy and rebooted.
Is this really bad news?  Does it mean my MBR is all hosed or something?