[K12OSN] Help: 2 dhcp servers!

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sun May 16 00:25:12 UTC 2004

I'm in the same situation; my WAN runs subnets of 10.0.0.0/8.  As I
recall, there are a few things to do, but it's not that bad.  It's just
a matter of modifying the IP addresses in two--possibly three if you got
fancy--files on the K12LTSP server to reflect your "new" range.

1.)  /etc/hosts
2.)  /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf
3.)  /etc/resolv.conf -- this applies only if you're running a DNS
server on your K12LTSP server and pointing your K12LTSP server to itself
(used only in special circumstances--it's off by default).

A simple "find 'n' replace" in kedit, gedit, or your favorite editor
will handle this fine.  I replaced "192.168.0" with "10.64.96" in my
case.  Your last octet of course doesn't have to be 254 if you don't
want it to be, say, if it's already taken by something else (your
router, perhaps?).  I left it as 254 simply because our routers all end
in .1, and I was lazy.  :-)

My K12LTSP server at home handles both i386 and Mac clients, on separate
segments.  The Mac segment uses 192.168.1.1/24, and the i386 side uses
192.168.0.254/24 (same segment as my router).

--TP