[K12OSN] 2 DHCP Servers

Terrell Prude', Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon May 17 11:34:08 UTC 2004

But then we've got to make sure that the standalone workstations
(Windows, Mac, whatever) don't respond to the K12LTSP server's DHCP
server. That's the bigger problem. The K12LTSP clients may not respond
to the pre-existing (Windows-based) DHCP server, but the existing LAN
workstations will happily respond to the K12LTSP server's DHCP server,
and that can cause major problems without involving the IT staff of the
school.

Also, there may or may not be other issues of policy preventing more
than one DHCP server on the LAN. I know there is in my district.

--TP