[K12OSN] NVU Site Manager

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Tue May 18 00:03:18 UTC 2004

Hrmph...
after trying and trying and trying to get Nvu's Site Manager to go
retrieve the entire website for a school I service to show them they
don't need frontpage for simple website design classes(I used to force
kids to use notepad *muahaha*)....I can't get it to retrieve the files
from the remote server.

apparently i'm not understanding what "Publishing address (e.g.
'ftp://ftp.myisp.com/myusername'): means..

for instance...when I ftp to the location(fictional) I do the following
at the CLI:

    ftp  frank.smith.net
login: huck
password: huckspassword

then voila ...   do 'ls'  and the 'www' directory is there of course...
so can someone throw me a bone as to what NVU requires?