[K12OSN] Joining XP system to Samba

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Tue May 18 23:09:52 UTC 2004

"Joe Faletra" <jfaletra at sau16.org> wrote:

Ok folks this one is making me nuts.  I am trying to join and XP system
to a Samba domain.  I am using K12LTSP running samba
<<

Have you applied the following patch in the XP registry?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000

You can put those four lines in a file, whack it on a floppy and then just
double-click on it to apply it to the registry. Not sure if that's your
problem, though - it's been a while since I've seen that kind of problem
(seen quite a few others, though . . . ;) ).

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]