[K12OSN] Joining XP system to Samba

Mike Rambo mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us
Wed May 19 14:32:29 UTC 2004

I see you have 'security = domain' below. This must be 'security =
user'. The 'domain' setting is for telling samba to use another domain
controller for authentication purposes (man smb.conf). Have you used
testparm to check for errors? If you have a share specified that does
not exist or is not accessible it will prevent domain joining and logons
from working. I'd probably set level to around 60 too just to ensure
your samba server has no chance of losing elections for domain master
etc.

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us

Hurry! Hire a teenager while they still know everything!!!