[K12OSN] Samba 3/LDAP and smbldap tools...anyone?

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Fri May 21 18:30:15 UTC 2004

Hi,

Has anyone out there managed to get a Samba 3 /LDAP server up and running?
 I'm trying and would like to compare notes.  The newer version of
smbldap-tools and ao forth deal with more security in the past....so I'm
running into a few hurdles....I'm not too familiar with TLS.  In fact,
I've been trying to turn it off.  Out of curiousity....why would TLS and
certicficates...etc. help me with my own PDC in my building...one
server....behind a firewall.  I'm soliciting opinions here...so let me
know.  Also...please let me know if you have or are working on getting a
Samba 3/LDAP server up and running.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School