[K12OSN] Samba 3/LDAP and smbldap tools...anyone?

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Fri May 21 19:58:14 UTC 2004

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:
>That earlier link I sent you to the IDEALX site has a step by step recipe.
cool...I've actually been following that....one place I get hung up and
I'm not sure how to read it...is the section just before 4.2.4 in the
Samba-OpenLDAP How-To (the new one).....it talks about a file called
ldap.secret that is supposed to contain  nssldapsecretpwd    now.....the
ldap.secret file does not exit  (/etc/ldap.secret) and I'm not sure what
to put in place of nssldapsecretpwd or if that text is what is supposed to
go there.  ????   How do you read that?

this is hurdle #1

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator