[K12OSN] IE requirement

pnakashi at k12.hi.us pnakashi at k12.hi.us
Sun May 23 07:30:14 UTC 2004

Hi all,
Our district has recently standardized all administrative web app development to IE. This has put a crimp into our fledgling K12LTSP project (3 elementary schools, 90 clients). We've been tossing around the following options:
1. Dual bootable clients so when IE is required, the client can boot Win 98.
2. Wine on the server.
3. Windows terminal server.
4. Crossover Office on the server.
5. Other suggestions welcome.
We are in a budget crisis, so I'm thinking #3 and #4 would be too expensive. Our clients aren't very powerful, so I'm thinking #1 is not the greatest solution either. That leaves #2. Is anyone doing this with K12LTSP?
--Peter