[K12OSN] K12LTSP update problem

David Beach mail at beachmail.ca
Sun May 23 13:48:51 UTC 2004

Well, when I first installed Fedora/K12LTSP, I was sure there was a checkbox
in Fedora's update utility that listed K12LTSP. After my first update of
Fedora, that checkbox no longer appears. I want to update K12LTSP and want
to use the updating utility (since I have no idea how to do it manually) -
but how?

I went to the RHN site noted on the utility but it still wasn't clear to me
how to get LTSP updating working! When it listed my account info and the
'relevant softare channels' only 'old' versions of RedHat were listed with
K12LTSP, no mention of Fedora at all. I didn't know if I was supposed to
pick some 'other' version of RH and hope that it worked for Fedora or not,
or even if this was where I was supposed to be to establish updating of
K12LTSP!!

Sorry if these sound like dumb questions but consider this testing to see if
K12LTSP is ready for the non "linux savvy" masses!

Thanks again.

David Beach