[K12OSN] IE requirement

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Sun May 23 22:08:48 UTC 2004

"Shahms E. King" <shahms at shahms.com> wrote:

I know this isn't a very constructive response, but standardizing on IE
is a huge mistake at this point.  Not only is it the worst browser
available at the moment (on almost every single point
<<

While I agree with everything you say, in a school environment, kids (and
staff) will use different computers from day to day, Mozilla's lack of
support for roaming profiles is a killer. Every time you log in, you're
confronted with the "Profile Manager" which knows nothing about you. It's a
mess. In the end, I couldn't get Netscape 7.1 to work in a roaming profile
environment, and so I was forced to roll out IE which -despite its problems
- at least basically works.

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]