[K12OSN] Winbind won't start

Joe Faletra jfaletra at sau16.org
Mon May 24 15:39:49 UTC 2004

# Date: 2004/05/24 10:30:51

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No
[root at K12LTSP root]#

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:
>Is it/samba configure correctly? Have you checked the logs for winbind
>errors?
>
>JSR/
>
>On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 10:50, Joe Faletra wrote:
>> I posted this issue originally as I couldn't get an XP system to
>> connect to a K12LTSP "domain"  It turned out that smbd was not
>starting
>> on boot.  Fixed that problem now however, winbind will not start at
>all
>>
>> Ideas?
>>
>> Joe Faletra
>> School Administrative Unit 16
>> Districts Manager for Technology Support Services
>> T: 603-775-8576
>> F: 603-775-8487
>> http://www.sau16.org

Joe Faletra
School Administrative Unit 16
Districts Manager for Technology Support Services
T: 603-775-8576
F: 603-775-8487
http://www.sau16.org

DO NOT READ, COPY, OR DISSEMINATE THIS COMMUNICATION UNLESS YOU ARE THE
INTENDED ADDRESSEE.  This e-mail communication contains confidential
and/or privileged information that is intended only for the addressee.
If you have received this communication in error, please call us
immediately at 603-775-8680 and ask to speak to the sender of the
communication.  Also please immediately notify the sender via e-mail
that you have received the communication in error.  Please note e-mail
may be corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late, be incomplete or
contain viruses.  The sender does not accept liability which arises as
a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification of this message is
required, please request a hard copy version at 603-775-8680.