[K12OSN] Fedora 1 - doesn't like PS/2 mouse after update

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Tue May 25 13:40:24 UTC 2004

I noticed some similar strange PS/2 mouse behavior when I went from K12lstp ver
2.x to ver. 3.1.2.  I have some Microsoft "Basic Mouse" (that's what the box
says), that worked fine on the server and clients under 2.x.  But when I went to
3.x they stopped working.  Usually, the mouse will work for the first several
seconds after logging in but then just freeze up.  I suspect the change in
XFree86, from 3.x to 4.x, which happened in RH9 I believe, is what caused the
problem.  I've got other mice, so it wasn't a show stopper.  But these are nice
mice, relatively new, and at this point I can't use them. So, you might see if
you can load a 3.x version of X (not sure if Fedora even still includes the old
version) and see if that makes any difference.

Petre