[K12OSN] Lock down Mozilla Proxy Settings

Joe Guenther jguenther at chinooksedge.ab.ca
Wed May 26 20:15:36 UTC 2004

My first impression would be to configure the firewall so that the proxy can
talk out, but not the users.  Then they can configure the proxy settings to
anything they want, but they will very quickly come back to your proxy - as
it is the only way out the door.

IPTABLES can filter packets based on UID ... thus proxy can get out, but the
user cannot. ... :-)

I battled with this concept at my last school, and that is the solution we
came up with.  I guess a person could do transparent proxy but that also has
its disadvantages.

hope this was helpful
joe