[K12OSN] NFS Client for Windows

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed May 26 20:16:56 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 14:50, Julius Szelagiewicz wrote:
> Les,
> 	CIPE demise is very bad news indeed. IPsec is fine and dandy if
> you have routable addresses, when you have the cable provider insist on
> giving you a natted address, you can use CIPE for vpn, but not IPsec.
> Maybe the new IPsec behaves differently from the current one ...

OpenVPN is probably a reasonable substitute these days and is supposed
to interoperate between Linux and Windows, but I'm not sure if it
is packaged for rpm/apt/yum updates.

The new IPsec is also supposed to have a standard for UDP
tunneling but I haven't investigated that much yet either.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com