[K12OSN] Re: Making donations work better

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu May 27 17:12:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 10:06, Shawn Powers wrote:

> If I can get the universal network card etherboot image thing to work
> from the hard drive, and use g4u to image it quickly over the network --
> I'll be happy to have the floppy available for use on the remote terminals.

Has anyone tried the network boot ability of grub?  You could put that
on a floppy, cd or hd (maybe even pxe boot a copy...) and it could
allow multiple boot choices with a timeout and default.  I thought
I saw an iso image once but the first likely-looking match in google
today is this grub floppy-builder site:
http://i30www.ira.uka.de/~ud3/mkgrubdisk/
I'd like to have something that would give the client a boot-time choice
of running rdesktop-only, thin Linux, fat(knoppix-like) Linux, or
starting a network install with everything that changes kept on the
server.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com