[K12OSN] Server Clone

Doug Gough dgough at papcs.com
Fri May 28 15:14:52 UTC 2004

This discussion is making me think about the following possibility:

A CD based distro with GUI and full hardware detection, with the
specific purpose of replicating hard drives and re-imaging, just as
ghost does now, but without the annoying problems of DOS drivers and
MoBo compatability that messes Ghost up.

I'd like to be able to drop a CD in, boot from it, have a nice GUI load,
tell it where my network share is that contains or will receive the
image, tell it what hard drive to copy to or from, and SHAZAM.....cloned
Linux, Windows or whatever.

It looks to me that all the parts already exist. Anyone up for joining
me in a project like this?

Doug Gough