[K12OSN] Linux Router

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri May 28 16:05:30 UTC 2004

[SNIP]
> Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions?

I have bought a bunch of the Dell switches and are more than happy with
them.  Check out this link
http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/2000_workgroup_fas
t?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd
And save yourself a lot of headaches with the PowerConnect 2224 24 Port
10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch for $74 after rebate.  Not only will you go
from 10 to 100MB but also you will gain a switched network which will be
significantly faster.  I am sure the Linux box solution would work but
unless your bald already you may just want to save the extra hair.