[K12OSN] Server Clone

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Fri May 28 18:09:09 UTC 2004

David Trask wrote:

>Funny...no one has mentioned Mondo?  Use Mondo...create an ISO of server
>one....and use it to set up server two.  I believe Mondo is included with
>K12LTSP   You can either create CD ISO's or simply host the ISO's on an
>NFS share and do the setup of the other server via the network.

I second that! If you are thinking of using Ghost - why not go for the
open source built-for-linux equivalent - Mondo.

It is a great tool - very easy to create isos of your system - then use
them (bootable of course) to reinstall on your second system. You can
even change drive geometries before the reinstall if you want!

I really don't understand why people love Ghost so much but are
tentative when it comes to Mondo. As with most open source products
compared to proprietary products - you will probably find that Mondo is
faster, cleaner, more reliable and definately cheaper than Ghost!

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!